192.168.1.1 is the IP address used by most of the routers. A well-known company Linksys makes lots of great routers and their default IP address number is also 192.168.1.1. The number 192.168.1.1 is an easy way to configure your home router configuration from your computer which is connected to the router.
192.168.l.l is generally used in Home network, local and personal networks. Troubleshooting network issue can be easily configured with 192.168.1.1. In this type of troubleshooting network issues where your internet is slow, not working or a user forgetting a password, it can be easily configured with the IP address with 192.168.1.1.
What is an IP Address?
IP address or Internet Protocol Address is a series of numbers for example 192.168.1.1 which is assigned to different Routers, computers, printers, and smartphones etc. This IP address is assigned to have a unique identity on internet network so that anyone can find it with the help of a particular server. The internet protocol is used by the network.
This IP address is used for two different reasons, to locate the address of the device and to identify the network. A typical IP Address 192.168.1.1 is referred to as octets since it has eight numbers in binary form. These numbers consists a 32-bit system. Each Binary number can either be On or off and the possibility of these numbers can be 0 to 256.
There are over 4.3 billion possibilities in 4 number octets in an IP Address. There are some numbers in this possibility which are restricted and cannot be used as an IP address.
How Do Private IP Address work?
The number 192.168.1.1 is considered as a private IP address because it is mostly used in private networks such as Home Network, school network and in Local area network (LAN). A device cannot directly connect to the internet if that particular device is using a private IP address. On the other hand, a device from outside of a local area network cannot connect to a private IP Address. This IP address connectivity policy gives a network a layer of security to it.
How to Access to Linksys Router setup
You can use 192.168.1.1 for configuring your network. You can manipulate with your network security mode, SSID, changing the security password and changing the network name.
Steps to Access to Linksys Router setup:
1. Turn on the Linksys router and connect it to your main computer with the help of an Ethernet cable. You can easily insert the Ethernet cable on one of the Ethernet ports located on the back side of the router.
2. Now turn on your computer and open up your default browser and enter “192.168.1.1” in the search bar and press enter.
3. You have to Enter your password and username to enter your router configuration page. If you using a Linksys router with default configuration you only need to type “Admin” as your password.
4. Now after entering the password and username, click on login and the configuration page will open.
5. Go to “Wireless” option And set the confirmation view to “Manual”. By doing this you will be able to see your SSID network name.
6. Chose “Network security” in the menu. Note the security network and “Passphrase it to use it. For new Linksys network, you need to enter four digit password.
7. Now log out of your network setup.