Everyone has used proxy server for accessing restricted website or wireless connection. For example, if you connect your windows phone 8 devices to your office computer network, you may need to set up a proxy to get access to this. So this guide helps you on How to Add a Proxy Server to a Wireless Connection, in Windows Phone 8. Just follow our simple and fast step to step guide.
NOTE: You should be able to access your email, calendar, etc. Third-party apps and games are very likely not to work with a proxy. This is because most apps do not use proxy compatible protocols to communicate through the Internet.
What is a Proxy Server:
A proxy server is a server (a computer system or an application) that acts as an intermediary for requests from clients seeking resources from other servers. A client connects to the proxy server, requesting some service, such as a file, connection, web page, or other resource available from a different server and the proxy server evaluates the request as a way to simplify and control its complexity
How to Add a Proxy Server to Your Wireless Network
1. Go to Windows Phone Settings and Find Wi-fi.
2. Tap the wireless network you are connected
3. Edit network is opened. Here you will find a Proxy switch and all the details of the wireless connection (IP address, subnet mask, gateway, DNS and MAC address).
4. To add a proxy server turn On the Proxy switch.
5. Two new fields are displayed: Server/URL and Port.
6. Write the IP address or the URL of your proxy, in the Server/URL field.
7. Then, in the Port field, enter the port used by the proxy. If you don’t specify any port, then the default port 80 will be used.
8. After you have entered the necessary details, tap done on the bottom menu to save your changes.
How to Disable a Proxy Server in Windows Phone 8
To disable the use of a proxy, go to Settings -> WiFi and then tap the wireless network you are connected to.
Then, turn Off the Proxy switch.
If you want to completely forget the details of the proxy you just used, then you’ll have to delete the network so that all its configuration details are forgotten.
So Configuring a proxy for your Wi-Fi network is very easy. In another tutorial, we will also show how to make your cellular data connection work through a proxy.