After Microsoft said the people who are running Windows Phone 8.1 will have to roll back to Windows Phone 8 to get the Lumia Cyan Update for THOSE whom it has been released.
Caution before Reverting Back to Windows Phone 8:
Make sure your phone has enough charge, and you dont lose power supply to your computer. Make sure you don’t unplug your device halfway through the flashing process.
Also do following things before starting:
- Backup your data as best you can.
- Download and install the Nokia Software Updater from Nokia here.
- Connect your phone with the screen unlocked and NSU running.
- The app will say there is an update available.
- Follow the prompts to install the new firmware.
What is Nokia Software Recovery Tool and How it can help you:
Nokia Software Recovery Tool can help you to reset and recover your phone software at home, if your phone is experiencing software related or software update problems. With Windows Phone 8 models, you can also use Nokia Software Recovery Tool to recover your phone in case your phone is not responding, it appears to be stuck, or it is not starting.
Prerequisites for your computer (PC):
- Microsoft Windows 7 or newer.
- USB cable to connect your phone to the computer.
- Minimum 4 GB free storage space.
Supported Nokia phones:
- Lumia phones
- Asha and Series 40 phones that have USB interface
- Series 30+ phones that have USB interface
- Nokia X2 platform phones
- Symbian phones
Now How to Downgrade windows phone 8.1 to windows phone 8:
1. Install necessary software to restore the Nokia Lumia device to Windows Phone 8.
2. Install software on Windows 7 or Windows 8.
3. Connect Nokia Lumia phone to USB with Computer.
4. Select which software version is compatible for the Lumia smartphone then Click install.
5. You will have to acknowledge that the data and content on the phone will be erased. Make a backup of phone by navigating to Settings>> backup. Also know that photos, music and apps will be wiped out in this reset process. Click that you understand then click Continue.
6. The Nokia software should now start installing and would take about 15 minutes to complete.
7. During the installation process, do not use the phone or disconnect the cable.
When the Nokia Lumia smartphone restores Windows Phone 8, you can download the Lumia Cyan update featuring the latest Windows Phone 8.1. Then, perform a hard-reset so that the operating system can offer the Restore process from the backup created in the beginning of the installation process.
Here are more How to Guides on Windows Phone 8.1 Installation:
- Downgrade Windows Phone 8.1 Preview for Developers to Windows Phone 8
- How to Install & Download Windows Phone 8.1 Update
- Safety steps before Installing the Preview for Developers Windows Phone 8.1 Update 1