Apps corner is the new feature which will come after windows phone 8.1 GDR 1. It lets you specify apps other people can use on a Windows Phone. Great for individuals and any-sized organizations who want to provide only the essential apps for others to use for work, school, or any other reason. Here we will show you How to Set up Apps corner in windows phone 8.1 update 1.
What is Apps Corner:
Apps Corner lets you set up a custom Start screen (Start Screen for people whom you don’t want them to use personal apps) on your Windows Phone 8.1, where you can share only the apps you choose with the people you let use your phone. And if you want to set up phones for other people, such as employees, students, or coworkers, you can export your Apps Corner settings from your phone and import it onto other phones.
To use apps corner, you must have installed Windows Phone 8.1 Update 1 on your phone.
How to Set Up Apps Corner :-
1. On Start Screen Swipe right to Apps List, Go to Settings > Apps Corner.
2. In Apps Corner Tab, Select Apps which you want to add & then tap done.
3. If your phone doesn’t already have a lock screen password, you can set one now to ensure that people can’t get to your Start screen from Apps Corner. Tap Protect my phone with a password, type a password in the New password box, type it again in the Confirm password box, and then tap Done .
4. Turn Action Center and Settings on or off, depending on whether you want people to be able to use these features when using the phone.
5. Tap Advanced, and then turn these features on or off, depending on whether you want people to be able to use them — Camera button, Search button, Start button, Back button, and Modify Tiles. Now Press Back button when you’re done with your settings.
6. Tap the launch button at the bottom to run Apps Corner.
7. Give the phone to someone else, so they can use it with only the apps and settings you’ve selected.
If you want to prevent others users to use search and cortana, when you use apps corner for selecting apps make sure you don’t include Search in apps corner.
How to Use Apps Corner :-
1. Go to Settings > Apps Corner > Click on Launch.
2. Now you can give the phone to someone else, so they can use the phone and only the apps you chose.
3. When they are done with your phone, press and hold the Power button and then swipe over to close the apps corner.
4. You can also pin Apps corner on Start Screen. Just Go to Settings > Tap Apps Corner > Click Pin to Pin the apps corner on Start Screen.
How to Import and Export Apps Corner Settings :-
You can export your apps corner settings to use on other phones that you want other people to use. But remember both phones must have SD card to do this.
1. Go to Settings > Apps Corner > Advanced > Export to SD card.
2. Now Insert that SD card on other phone.
3. Now again go to Settings > Apps Corner > Advanced > Import from SD card.
4. Remember The Import from SD card button only appears if there’s an Apps Corner settings file on the SD card.