With the launch of Lumia 640 LTE and Lumia 640 XL LTE, Microsoft also announced one year free Office 365 subscription. With this there is something extra as well. Here’s our guide to activating extra features such as 1TB of OneDrive storage and 60 minutes of Skype calling on your new Lumia smartphone.
These 2 new Lumia devices aren’t only mid ranged devices but they also comes with lots of free services as well. Both smartphones have 1 year free subscription of Office 365 ($70 USD).
Besides full access to Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other productivity applications, your Office 365 subscription also comes with a 1 terabyte of free storage for OneDrive and 60 minutes of free Skype Unlimited international calling to cell phones in eight countries and landlines in over 60 countries.
In addition to Office 365 on your Lumia, the subscription also includes access to Office 365 on a PC (or Mac) and a tablet, if you need to maximize your productivity.
How to Set Up your Lumia to use Office 365:
Once you’ve activated your Lumia 640 or Lumia 640 XL smartphone, here’s how you can claim the Office 365 subscription.
- Download the Office 365 Gift app here.
- Open the app and tap Continue to proceed.
- The app will verify if your device is eligible and that you are logged in.
- Once your Lumia 640 or Lumia 640 XL smartphone gets validated, accept the terms and conditions and enter your e-mail ID.
- You will then receive a code in your registered e-mail inbox and further instructions to complete the process.
Set up your free 1TB of OneDrive storage:
After activating Office 365 subscription, Log in into OneDrive with the same Microsoft account.
Click the Get More Storage link in the bottom left of the OneDrive screen and you should automatically have an option for 1TB of additional storage.
Set up 60 minutes of free Skype calling:
- Sign in to Office with your Microsoft account.
- In the services and product section, under Skype, select “Activate your Skype world minutes.” The activation page will be displayed.
- If you already have a Skype account, select Activate and sign in to your account. For new users, click “Create Skype account” under “New to Skype?” and follow the instructions to join Skype.
- After you sign in to Skype, it takes a few minutes to activate your Skype world minutes. When the activation is complete, you’ll see a message saying, “Your Skype world minutes are ready” at the top of the My Account screen.
That’s it – you’re ready to make calls using your Skype world minutes subscription!
Tell us how you plan to be more productive with the Lumia 640/640 XL in the comments below.