Project my phone screen to a TV or PC is new feature which is added after windows phone 8.1 update. Project my phone screen feature enable your to project your phone’s screen on TV or PC. You can see windows phone stuff like Videos, Photos and listen music on your TV and PC. It’s simple to do if you have a TV, projector, or monitor with Miracast support. Or you can project to your Windows PC if you have the Project My Screen app and a USB cable.
There are two ways in which you ca project your phone’s screen Either by using USB cable or using wifi connection.
Project your Phone Screen to PC using a USB Cable:
With windows phone 8.1 , you get an option to project your phone screen on a computer via USB cable.
- First of all download this app on your windows PC http://download.microsoft.com/downlo…yScreenApp.msi
- Start up the application using the ‘Project my Screen’ shortcut on the desktop or program list.
- Connect your phone to your computer using a data-transfer quality USB cable.
- You should get a prompt for permission to allow screen projection, click ‘yes’. You would see your phone mirroring on your display.
- You can’t use a USB connection to project content that’s protected by Digital Rights Management (DRM)—for example, Xbox Video.
- Projecting your phone screen with a USB connection is video only. You can still adjust the audio through your phone.
To project to your TV, monitor, or projector using a wireless connection:
Be sure your phone’s Wi-Fi is turned on, and then do the following:
In the App list, tap Settings > Project my screen.
Tap the device you want to connect to. Your phone will automatically detect any nearby devices that can support a wireless display connection with your phone.
- If your phone is having trouble connecting to an external display, tap Advanced > Fixto help fix the connection issue. If you’re still having trouble connecting, the wireless device you’re trying to connect to may need an update. Go to your manufacturer’s website to see if there’s an update for your wireless device.
- Projecting your phone screen using a wireless connection is only available on certain phones.
- Lumia 1520 lacks driver at moment , with Lumia cyan update , you will be able to use this.
Wireless connection: Both your Lumia phone and your external device need to support the specific technology. Screen Projection over Wi-Fi is supported on Lumia Icon, 1520, 930, 635, 636 and 638.
To fix projection issues after updating to Windows Phone 8.1:
If you’ve recently updated to Windows Phone 8.1 and aren’t able to project to a PC with the Project My Screen app and a USB cable, try uninstalling and re-installing your phone drivers on your Windows PC.
Connect your phone to your Windows PC using a USB cable.
On your PC, go to Start and open Device Manager.
Click Universal serial bus devices, right-click your Windows Phone, and then click Uninstall. Be sure to uninstall any Windows Phone devices that appear in this list. (You may need to restart your PC.)
Disconnect your phone from your PC, and then reconnect it. We’ll automatically re-install the correct drivers.
- You can use PC Keyboard to Play games after projecting your Screen on PC
How to Use Project My Screen on Lumia 1020:
At first, after download and installation, the software shows blank/black screen. After googling around, found a simple solution.
1. On ur pc, go to Device Manager. (Win+X key, select Device Manager)
2. Uninstall the drivers for ur phone. (Don’t worry, it will re-install after reconnect later)
3. Run the Project My Sreen software. Disconnect and reconnect your phone.
4. On ur phone, it will prompt “Allow screen projection?”, tap Yes.
5. That’s it! (if u want to exit full screen, just tap the Esc key)