As we know music streaming websites and apps are on the surge in today’s time. The one of the most popular music streaming app Spotify uses your mobile data while streaming music like other apps Pandora, Saavn. Today we have written this article to guide you on Spotify Data usage. When you are using Spotify, you must know How Much Data Does Spotify use before it eats your all data.
What is Spotify?
Spotify is music and video streaming service that was launched in 2008 by a start-up that is based in Sweden. It is completely copyright-free, which means that it will provide you with digital rights management that is protected by record labels. Even though it is freemium service that will give you free features however with ads that are available. However, if you decide to purchase a premium membership you will get better streaming quality and the possibility to listen to music offline with direct downloads.
Spotify is available in whole Europe, parts of Asia, Australia, and South and North America. You can install it on all popular devices that contain iOS, Android, or Windows; however, there is also a program that you can install on your PC or Mac without any problem, with all important features.
Does Spotify use Data?
Yes, like any other apps like Pandora, SoundCloud, Saavn, Gaaana, iheartradio, Spotify also uses your internet. Also Learn Guide on Pandora Data Usage.
How much Data does Spotify Use?
That depends on what quality you play online music on this app. However, Spotify is cheap, but they can affect your monthly data if you have limited number of GB that you can use on monthly basis.
If you are a frequent user of Spotify, you have to understand how much data it uses, because in another case you will spend more than you wanted in the first place, because of data limitation with your service provider.
There are three types of quality on Spotify:
- Normal quality- 96 kilobits, which lets you stream 40 megabytes per hour
- High quality- 160 kilobits, which lets you stream 70 megabytes per hour
- Extreme quality- 302 kilobits, which lets you stream 150 megabytes per hour
- Automatic quality- this option configures your streaming quality based on your connection
How to Control the Data Usage on Spotify?
- Check mobile data usage – There is a way to check how much data your Spotify app is using directly from your phone. That includes only your 4G data transfer, and it doesn’t include any Wi-Fi and additional connection that you make. You just have to go to settings then click mobile data and you will be able to see how much data Spotify uses.
- Open Spotify’s settings – You can also open Spotify app and tap settings that you will find on the right corner. Just scroll to music quality and change the settings and streaming rate and quality that you want to be your preferred one.
- Listen Offline – If you are premium member, you will get the possibility to download directly songs on your device which is way better, because if you don’t do that, you will always have to stream all over again the same song, and this way you just have to download it and that is all data that you will spend.
How to Use Spotify Offline:
To download music from Spotify and listen to it offline you need to buy Spotify Premium service. You can download up to 3,333 songs on max 3 devices means laptops, mobile, and tablet.
- Open Spotify.
- Click Spotify in the Settings menu at the top of the screen.
- Select Offline Mode
Now you have the answer of question like can you listen to Spotify offline.
All music streaming websites are using too much data, however, it is always better to control the usage, especially if you have limited memory that you can download. We have shown you how much data does Spotify use and how to control that particular data.
If you have your own thoughts about this particular topic, feel free to comment in the section below.