The procedure to unlock or jailbreak any locked smartphone is really tough and risky. But for you, the Lumia users, we have come up with this unlocking tutorial. Before you start applying this tutorial to jailbreak or unlock your Lumia Windows phone, we want you to know that the process of unlocking is completely at your own risk. This Lumia Windows Phone Jailbreak tutorial is mainly for educational purpose.
Pre-requirements to Jailbreak your Lumia Windows Phone
- Lumia Windows phone with a MicroSD card support
- A MicroSD or memory card
- A USB cable to connect your Lumia phone to PC
- A tablet or system operating on Windows 8.1
- Visual Studio 2013 – to set up an app to your Windows phone. Download the lite version here.
Process to Unlock your Lumia Windows Phone
Follow the below mentioned steps carefully to jailbreak or unlock your Lumia Windows phone.
- Download and install CustomWPSystems on your smartphone. Make sure that you install its version 6 to your phone’s memory, not to SD card memory. If it gets installed to your phone’s SD card memory, then move it to phone memory or change the download option of apps present in the ‘Settings’ of your Lumia smartphone.
- Now you need to change the ‘Extras + Info’ app’s (present in the settings) storage from phone memory to SD card memory.
To complete this step you need to:
– Go to ‘Date + Time’ settings and change the year option (like 2120 or something like this).
– After doing this you will again have to go to the ‘Extra + Info’ and uninstalled it. For uninstalling you need to tap on it and select the uninstall option in the dialog box that appears.
– Now, reset the date back to automatic or normal.
- Make sure that the new apps install on the SD card by opening ‘Storage Sense’.
- Download this .7z file, which contains a folder titled ‘Data’ and files named ROMRebuilder.xap and additional_entries.reg.
- Copy the ROMRebuilder.xap file to any other directory on your phone’s SD card.
- Now, open the CustomWPSystem, which you have set up earlier. Keep following the instructions unless you get a green sign for the storage card permission. And also make sure that no other app is running in the background.
- Change the preview for developers to ‘Extras + Info’ and then choose ‘Download from Store’.
- Extra + Info app will install on your phone’s SD card if you opted for SD card under storage settings.
- Choose ‘Select the XAP’ and select the ROMRebulider.xap file that we copied to a directory in step 5. Now click on Apply XAP.
- By following the above steps carefully, you will find the “ROMReBuilder” app in the place of “Extras + Info” app, in the settings.
- Copy the data folder present in the .7z file that we downloaded in step 4 to the Root of the SD card.
- Now you need to download the data.bin file. For this, you can refer this link. If you find your phone listed in this link, then download the file (RM number is important) and if your phone is not listed then you need to make the data.bin file on your own.
- Copy data.bin file to the ‘data’ folder present in the SD card. It may look something like this – D:Datadata.bin
- Open the ‘ROMRebuilder’ app and select the ‘Rebuild’ option. You will get a success message. Now, HARD RESET your Lumia Windows phone and unlock it.
If you don’t find the data.bin file from the list provided in the link above, you can create it by following the below-mentioned steps:
- Open the ROMRebuilder app in Settings and click on ‘BACKUP’
- By doing this a file titled ‘OEMSettings.org’ will be generated inside the data folder named ‘D: DataBackup’. Being on a safe side, keep a copy of this file.
- Now, copy this file on your system and open it (not extract). For this, you will need 7-Zip.
- After opening this file using 7-Zip, you need to select the file (with no extension) and press F4 on the keyboard. The file will open in a notepad. Scroll down to the bottom of the text.
- Up in step 4 we downloaded a pack, you need to right click on additional_entries.reg and open it with notepad.
- Copy the text present in this file and paste it at the bottom of the ‘OEMSettings’ file.
- Save this file on your desktop and continue with the step 13.
Hope that you follow the above-mentioned steps carefully and jailbreak or unlock your Lumia Windows phone!
jailbreak windows phone lumia 635
jailbreak windows phone 521
jailbreak windows phone 8
jailbreak windows phone apps
jailbreak windows phone 8 lumia 520
jailbreak windows phone without computer
jailbreak windows phone nokia lumia 520
jailbreak windows phone 8.1 lumia 520
jailbreak windows phone 8 nokia